BODYSURF CLASSIC ≠ PROCEDURES
1. All individuals who are in good standing with The Bodysurf Classic may proceed to Ocean Beach on November 5, 2011 for beach entry and payment of a $15.00 registration fee.
2. It is local policy that unfriendly people may not enter The Bodysurf Classic. Unless they can prove upon entry that participation in The Bodysurf Classic will create a noticeable and measurable amount of joy in their lives.
3. Slots in the The Bodysurf Classic event are offered at beach entry, on a first come first serve basis until all slots are filled or there is no longer a qualified member interested in competing or the deadline has occurred.
4. The first round of heats will be run from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The top 12 highest scores from all previously run heats will proceed to the semi-finals. The 10:00am to 2:00pm time frame could be shortened due to attendance.
5. Wild card or guaranteed slots will be offered to people of gratuitous ability or contestants who arrive with exceptional snacks, provided they are also in good standing with The Bodysurf Classic.
6. The first 100 contestants will receive a free T-shirt with the payment of their $15.00 registration fee. Previously mentioned contestants or spectators with exceptional snacks or copious positive energy are also eligible for a free T-shirt.
7. The governing body which runs The Bodysurf Classic has never operated a contest or official event of any sort. Please be patient as these rules are due to change based on a variety of factors The Bodysurf Classic is probably not even aware of.
BODYSURF CLASSIC ≠ JUDGING AND SCORING
The subjective judging system will be used (0-10 points using .1 integrals) and there will be an active judging panel of one head judge and three scoring judges. The Bodysurf Classic is entitled to provide personnel for the panel. Active judging panels should attempt to represent all lifeforms, whenever possible, or a wide variety of people based on the limitations of beach culture. However, it is up to the Contest Director to approve all Judges. Judges shall have the opportunity for a break every five heats. Judges may judge as much as they like (subject to the contest directors approval) as long as they are consistent. Judges may be judging themselves, members of their family or close personal friends. See Bodysurf Classic judges handbook and judges rotation.*
The judging criteria shall be:
THE CONTESTANT WHO EXECUTES THE MOST RADICAL MANEUVERS GENERATING POWER AND SPEED THROUGH OUT IN A FUNCTIONAL MANNER IN THE MOST CRITICAL SECTIONS OF THE BIGGEST AND/OR BEST WAVE FOR THE LONGEST FUNCTIONAL DISTANCE WILL RECEIVE THE HIGHEST SCORE.
* The individual judge’s scores should be consistent with one another. If a judge is repeatedly inconsistent, he/she may be replaced. Please refer to Bodysurf Classic Judges Handbook for detailed policy, instructions and guidelines for judging